SHORES ASSOCIATION FEE UPDATE

Article Courtesy of The Conquistador Advocates Newsletter
January 15, 2009


A conversation was held yesterday morning between Mr. Goldstein and President (Jerry) Zinn regarding the Association Fee and Riverview Club facility issues currently facing the St. Augustine Shores Service Corporation. "I caught Jerry out in the halls at the Riverview Club and asked him if he would sit for an interview", stated Goldstein. "Jerry did not feel that a formal interview at this time would be appropriate and I accept that".

Goldstein went on to say that they were able to sit and have a very positive discussion. "President Zinn's reasons for declining were very valid" said Goldstein "He simply stated that before he made any public statement that he needed more time to review the documents in question as well as any related documents that may have led to the issues at hand".

"We have consulted with the attorney and before I come forward and call for a public meeting I want to be prepared with the facts", stated Zinn, "There is a lot of history behind how we arrived here and some of the information that I need to review is in storage, covered in cobwebs. I agree that there may be issues to resolve but why alarm the community without the facts?". Mr. Zinn further felt that many of the documents, as written, are confusing and subjective. "We may have to take this matter to court ourselves to get clarity", stated Zinn. "Once I have more information to share with the community I will. Please be patient. I understand the issues and concerns and my intent is to right the wrong. We just need to understand the direction to take and that is what I am working on".

Mr. Goldstein went on to mention that as a result of this meeting he felt they shared more common ground than previously recognized. "Jerry and I have both served in municipal politics and understand that it is theoretically impossible to satisfy all factions of a community". I mentioned that we need to pull the community groups together and initiate action to the benefit of all and he agrees. He went on to say that the groups should meet and create a master calendar that would benefit all.

We had a great conversation about municipal politics and some of the challenges that we had faced during our tenures. Jerry even mentioned that things were easier then and we had more control over the does and dont's. I wish this meeting had happened sooner"

The rest is up to President Zinn and his Board of Directors. The issues have been addressed. He is aware of our concerns and agreed to do what is necessary to right the wrong. We will offer him the opportunity to do just that and keep you posted as this develops.